Marketing Events on Social Networks: Do’s and Dont’s
May 13, 2022
3 out of every 4 marketers consider social media to be very important for event marketing. Yet, what many people fail to see, is social media can only be a positive contributor to an event’s success if used properly. With this, most companies efforts to promote their events on social media provide them with little to no help at all.
Therefore, we’ve put together an easy-to-read do’s and dont’s list for marketing your events on various social networks!
- Use promotional apps for a competition or sweepstakes.
- Promote posts and use targeted ads to increase awareness.
- Use Facebook events and invite people.
- Make sure your event tab is in prime position on your Facebook page.
- Post too frequently.
- Ignore comments and questions.
- Just sell the event – publish useful content, engage and build the community.
- Produce a unique hashtag for the event.
- Retweet others posts.
- Tweet out pictures on the day of the event.
- Use too many hashtags.
- Just focus on your own tweets.
- Show favoritism to certain users.
- Produce a board dedicated to your event.
- Use hashtags on posts.
- Invite others to post to board.
- Make graphics of schedules.
- Just post about products and services.
- Post small or low-quality images.
- Just use photos
- Use Linkedin ads to target your audience
- Target relevant groups – invite people to collaborate in discussions.
- Post updates and content through company page and personal page.
- Send direct mail to people you have no contact with.
- Ignore questions in groups.
- Rely solely on your own efforts.
- Promote your event using Google Plus events.
- Use Google plus Hangouts to help organize your event with key people.
- Use Hangouts on Air to live stream event.
- Network in relevant communities and invite people.
- Forget to respond to people
- Spam people through circles for event.
- Use just text – add some humor!
Also important to note, is the time in which you decide to post. Considering times vary depending on the social network, here’s a great resource for “the best times to post” on certain social networks:
For more information on Social Media, check out the following resource: